What services does NETS Education provide?
The Newborn Emergency Transport Service Education Unit is based in Melbourne, Victoria and provides leadership in and continuing education for the professional development of nursing, medical and allied health professionals involved in perinatal care.
- An eighteen hour Continuing Education Program in Newborn Nursing Care (CEPNNC).
- Continuing Education sessions and study days on topics nominated by Level 1 or Level 2 host hospital staff. We also provide education sessions to University students undertaking midwifery, neonatal nursing and ambulance paramedic officer training.
- A consultancy service with regard to equipment purchase, developing nursing policies and formulating nursing care standards for Level 1 and Level 2 hospitals.
- Educational resources relating to care of the neonate.
- Videoconferencing across Australia of neonatal education sessions